Individuals Seeking Relationships
Wondering how (or if) you’ll ever find that special someone?
Perhaps you’re still searching for that special someone and don’t know where to look or what’s taking so long.
Maybe you’re recovering from a divorce and need help to heal and eventually move on. Or, you’re petrified of repeating some of your mistakes from the past.
Many of my clients have experienced the disappointment of divorce, haven’t dated in many years and don’t know where and how to meet that special someone. Navigating the dating world today is vastly different than it was a decade or two ago. As a personal success story of the online dating world, one of my specialties is helping my clients to navigate the dos and don’ts of online dating, composing an effective online profile, and sharing the tricks to finding the diamonds in the rough with safety and confidence.
As much as I hate to admit it, I spent many years on and off of the major dating websites in search of that elusive “great guy” with whom I had values, interests, and activities in common. There were times it was great fun being out and meeting new people; and there were times I was so frustrated that I wanted to give up. My friends kept telling me I was being “too picky”, however, I’ve always felt that I’d rather be alone than with the wrong person. I was more than willing to compromise on some things, but unwilling to settle. And finally after years of trial and error, patience and perseverance, I got lucky and connected with a “keeper”. I’m happy to share my lessons learned and help you, too.
Everyone is unique and takes away a little something different from counseling, however, here’s some of what you might expect to come away with:
- Dating how-tos – online and offline
- Writing your online profile to attract the types you want
- Conducting mock date sessions to build confidence
- How to choose the right people to date and assessing compatibility
- Clarifying your goals, your purpose, and your future directions
- Resolving the issues, questions, and/or frustrations that motivated you to seek help
- Improving your two-way communication and listening skills
- Breaking old habits and replacing them with new, healthier ones
- Discovering ways to find love in safe, effective ways
- Boosting your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Getting unstuck and reducing procrastination
- Developing strategies to enact positive changes
- Enabling personal growth with sensible guidance
This is certainly not all-inclusive. Depending upon what you’re trying to accomplish, there are countless benefits realized from engaging a counselor – I can offer tools, techniques, and skills to resolve your issues and concerns effectively with compassion, understanding, and know-how.
- 22 Jul 2016How to Share Your Feelings, Fears and Insecurities
- 18 May 2016Top 3 Habits You Can Change Now to Reduce Stress at Work
- 01 Oct 2015Overcoming the Fear of Being Alone
- 10 May 2015Top Tips for Networking Success
- 20 Apr 20157 Tips for Improving Your Communication Skills